Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Lots to Post!

This never happens! I have alot to blog about!
Our Shed:
We finally have a shed! A few weeks ago we had a "barn raising" is what we called it, and of course it was on the day that we had winds blowing 70 mph! Well I don't really know how fast it was but it was a BAD and NASTY day! My dad was planning on finishing it that day because we had lots of help..... but plans changed and they only got the walls up. I felt bad for them to have to be working out in the nasty wind so I'm glad they quit when they did. Well my dad has been coming over every other day or so and finishing it up! And I can finally put all our stuff in it!!!!!! Yay!!!! He did a great job on it and I'm so thankful for him doing it for us.


New Carpet!
We have been waiting and saving for carpet and we finally were able to get it! And oh how nice it is! The entire house before was all wood floors. They were nice, they just really needed to be refinished. They are the original wood floors from the 40's (i'm guessing) which means that they weren't any good for insulating and it sure showed last winter in our gas bill. So our goal was to get carpet by this winter and we did it! It is so nice and the house seems so much more homey(is that a word?) It also doesn't get quite as dusty which is great. I think just about every night when we are home and just relaxing one of us has to mention how much we love the carpet! Its great and so comfortable. It will also be so much better for a baby. Just one thing to say.... Vacuuming is way better than sweeping in my opinion!



FHE Halloween Party
Every year we have a family FHE halloween party. It's lots of fun getting together with everyone. We sing our usual halloween songs, carve pumpkins, and eat the gross halloween food that everyone brought. Here's a few pics of it...

Mummy Dogs & Eye balls

Black Bat Wings & Worms

Our Pumpkins

Andrew's & Jackie's

Baby Update!
Everything is going great! I'm 18 1/2 weeks. We find out what it is going to be here in a few weeks and we are so excited!!!! I just want to be able to call it he or she instead of it. Also I felt it move last week!!! I felt a little twitching feeling and I keep feeling it more and more as the days go by. I was really unsure if it was the baby at first but now i'm pretty darn sure thats what it is. It's so exciting to be able to feel it and i'm excited to feel the large movements!

5 comments:

Vicky said...

Love the new look - carpet will be so nice when the baby arrives - can't wait tll you have him or her - you'll be such a great mom! - Actually, I can wait - my kids and me will be sad when you stop helping on Tuesdays - however, we are happy and excited for you!!!

{kim} said...

Sounds like you guys are in the "nesting" stage! That's so fun to get everything ready for the baby! I can't wait to hear what you are having (I'm thinking girl)!

Anonymous said...

You call that wind???!!?? Heck, girl that was just a breeze. It only took me a week to get your back yard out of my ears.

We were glad to help.

Vearle

Corri Havlicek said...

Oh that food looks horrible! Fun though!

L Billings said...

The house look so nice! Miss you guys tons and hope to see you soon! Hugs and Kisses!

Cinda