Monday, March 23, 2009

He's here!!!




Sorry it has taken me so long to post! Well he is here!!!! Meet Dallin Andrew. He came on Friday March 13th. I went into my appointment on thursday the 12th and my blood pressure was WAY too high and my doctor didn't want to take any chances so he told me they needed to induce me and for us to head to the hospital. I think my blood presssure hit the roof when he told me that! I wasn't expecting that nor was I mentally ready to have a baby! So we went to the hospital and they started everything. I wasn't progressing so they decided to let me sleep through the night and continue on in the morning. At about 5 am they started again. I was progressing faster and they finally broke my water. That made everything get going. I was ready for an epidural so they gave me one. Some how they put it in and it made only my whole right side go numb and I could still feel everthing on the left. That was horrible! So she decided to take it out and put in a second one. By this time i've had 3 doses. It finally worked but my whole right side was completely numb! I couldn't feel nor move a thing. With in about 45 min to an hour I went from a 3 to a 10. Thank goodness!!! I didn't want it to last forever. I started pushing at 10:50 and had him at 11:25 am! He weighed 6 lbs 15.5 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long. Everthing went great! We got to bring him home on Saturday afternoon. It has been completely different with our little guy here. Lots of fun and not a whole lot of sleep. Its fun getting to know him and see how much he changes from day to day. I can't wait for the next months and years to come!
For some reason my slide show of pictures won't work so click on View All Images to see pictures.


http://widget-8c.slide.com/widgets/slideticker.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" quality="high" scale="noscale" salign="l" wmode="transparent" flashvars="cy=bb&il=1&channel=3098476543644005772&site=widget-8c.slide.com" style="width:400px;height:320px" name="flashticker" align="middle">

8 comments:

LuAnne said...

He's so cute Jackie! Congrats! If you need anything, let us know :)

Matt and Heather said...

Congrats Jackie! How exciting!!Your gonna be such good lil mom :)
Good luck! He's adorable

{kim} said...

Congrats! He looks perfect! Yuur life will never be the same-in a good way :-)

Todd,Shara & Mykah said...

I agree with the above comment. Your life just changed forever! But its amazing!! He is perfect, Congrats guys!

Lebanites said...

Congratulations! Wow, we were surprised to see you already had him. Time sure flies! He has such a beautiful color and certainly does NOT look like a newborn, especially with that one pic of him in the car seat--SO ALERT! We are happy for you guys!

larissa said...

congrats to ya Jackie! you'll be such a great mom...you've always had it in you. can't wait to see him at church

Joey & Tiffanye said...

Oh my! He is so adorable! Congrats! Seriously he is SOO Precious!

The Black Family said...

congrats on the baby! tell your mom I said "hi".