Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Utah Trip!

So this year on conference weekend we all took a trip up to Utah. Andrew and I went up a tad earlier so we could make a quick trip up to Idaho and visit his grandparents. I've never met them and it's been a while since Andrew had seen them so we decided that we were too close not to go visit. We had lots of fun and it was nice to get to spend some time with them. We did quite a bit of driving.... 1400+ miles. I was so nervous to even go on that far of a trip with a 7 month old in a car seat. I took everything possible to keep him entertained. All I have to say is that Baby Einstein was a LIFE SAVER!!!! I propped the computer up in front of him, plugged the binky in and turned it on! There were times he was entertained for quite a while! I think it would have been alot longer trip with out it.
While we were in Utah we all went to Corn Belly's at Thanksgiving point. That was lots of fun! We went through the corn maze.... and after getting lost a few time we finally made it out. They had lots of fun props to take pictures at so we did of course.
One of the reasons we went to Utah was to take family pictures. We went up the canyon where the fall colors were SO pretty and thats were we had them taken. We haven't gotten them back yet though.
After pictures we went to a Brazilian restaurant called Tucono's. They bring out different kinds of meat on long skewers and cut you a piece off to try. It was SO good! They also bring out fresh grilled pineapple. I'm not a fan of hot pineapple but this was to die for! YUM!
On Saturday night all the guys went to the priesthood session of conference and of course all the of us girls went shopping!
It was a fun week and was fun to spend time with all of my family. Its always fun to get together with everyone.





3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I LOVE the picture of Tim & Andrew "racing" on the pedal cars...it makes me laugh everytime I see it!

RAZMATAZ CLAN said...

Hey Jackie, your blog is really cute! It was fun seeing you in Burley. We will have to add you onto our blog. My sister's blog is emjraz.blogspot.com.
Mariah Rasmussen ( Jeff's Daughter)

Aweir said...

Hi Jackie,
I am a friend of Andrew's and his family from high school. I found your blog and Randa's on Jade's blog. It was awesome to get to see an old friend and his adorable family! Your son is super cute!
-Ashley Weir